Saturday, September 26, 2015

Windows 10 Typing Issue after Upgrade

Windows 10 - Interrupted Typing

After upgrading to Windows 10 I realized that a had a very difficult time typing without it been interrupted. I searched all over the web and couldn't find anything that worked and I received many recommendation. Eventually I did the following and had my problem solved.\

Firstly, I checked TaskManager (Control + ALT + DELETE, show Task Manager) and realized that Windows Error Reporting would keep coming up as an application that ran and then disappeared, this told me something was crashing and the OS was handling it.

Secondly, after getting that insight, I went to the Event Log and checked... lo and behold there was something crashing constantly, every 5 seconds or so. (See photo below)

I then started to exam the logs and realized that an ASUS application for my ZenFone2 was crashing my WIndows 10. Searched around and found an article that instructed how to reinstall the drivers but I was so glad I just disabled. Here's the link anyway http://ivanrf.com/en/asus-smart-gesture-and-windows-10/.

Since I've disabled everything is functioning well again, hope someone was helped by this.

Delly

No comments: